Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dominic's Tavern and Erin Express 2014

I actually had quite the eventful weekend this past weekend. I was fortunate to spend it with my best friends and boyfriend.

On Friday night, a group of my friends went to meet up at Dominic's Tavern. Dominic's Tavern is a local bar. It's a really chill bar where people usually just go to hangout, eat, and drink. The place is known for their delicious wings and cheap drinks. It's our usual go-to spot to hangout at. I didn't plan on drinking a lot during this night because I knew that I was going to participate in the bar crawl the next day, but I couldn't help it. I just needed a drink and another and another. Same with shots. I needed a shot and then another and then another. Leading me to doing and saying stupid things that I honestly can't remember. I do remember ordering garlic hot wings near midnight and waiting until 12 PM to eat them because of Lent. My friends told me that I was hysterical, which I guess is a good thing. It's always a good thing to be a funny drunk.

On Saturday, I woke up pretty early to start getting ready for the festivities that were to come later that day. It was honestly terrible to get ready because I had the worst headache and my stomach was killing me. I managed to get through it though. My friend Tori came and picked me up and we went to Wawa to stop for breakfast. After that, I started to feel a lot better minus the nap that I was soon going to need, but I fixed that with a Monster. We got to our friend Ashley's house at University of Sciences in Philadelphia. We hung out for a little bit waiting for everyone to be ready so we could go to her friends apartment to start pre gaming. It was so weird to be there because I haven't been on a campus for a while and it was just weird to be walking around campus. It felt like I was in school again. It made me miss it terribly. We got to her friends house and we started drinking Mimosas and Malibu Bay Breezes. They were delicious. After everyone was done taking shots and drinking, we started the bar crawl and started drinking beer. We actually only ended up making it to only two bars because we stayed at the one bar, Cavanaugh's, for a while and was too drunk to keep going afterwards. I can't even tell you what happened afterwards because I can't even remember. I just know that I was really drunk. I passed out for a little bit and I remember waking up and my hangover was kicking in full throttle. I tried eating to soak everything up, but that wasn't working. I just ended up puking everything I ate, including water and chewing gum. It was just not a good sign for me.

On Sunday, my hangover went away after a bottle of water and eating. Holy shit, it was just terrible. On the brighter side, I was with my boyfriend. I got to spend time with him, which I loved every minute of. I love that kid to death. We ended up going to Dominic's Tavern to pick up dinner for us and my parents.

This weekend honestly reminded me so much of college and just drinking my weekends away. I don't even know how I was able to do that. That lifestyle is definitely not for me anymore. I was dying after day one.

No comments: